Sunday, July 15, 2012

Why nerds? Why now?

Well ladies (and gentlemen, I guess) of the internet, here it is:

 Everything you ever wanted to know about dating the most confusing group of guys out there. Call them what you will, but nerds, geeks, dweebs, and techies make some of the best partners, period. 


You may have some questions, but first let me explain why this is my area of expertise.

1. I have been around the nerd block and have dated many. I'm not talking about "I wear a Mario Bros. t-shirt from Urban Outfitters" nerds. I'm talking about "I play D&D for three days straight until I am batshit crazy and the whole room smells like piss and balls" nerds.
2. I am engaged to the nerd of my dreams. His name is Bill. Be prepared to hear A LOT of stories about him.
3. I dabble in geekdom myself. I play WoW, love Star Wars, and I dick around on the internet looking at memes more than I would like to admit.

Let me also define the type of guys I am describing. The word "nerd" is thrown around willy-nilly a lot these days. I am referring to guys/men in the following careers:

engineers
chemists
mathematicians
software engineers
web developers
tech support...
any computer related jobs

and my personal favorite:
any job that has to do with video games


By publishing this blog and giving some advice, I hope more women out there decide to revolt against the douchebags of the world and date a geek. They are romantic, thoughtful, and honest. Open your heart to a nerd...you won't regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Hell yea! Nerd love changed my life. Without you, I would have never found it!

    ReplyDelete